Your Neighborhood Bottle Shop
Our wine, beer & spirits shop (liquor store) is OPEN from when we open our doors for the day until we close (9 p.m. for liquor sales in Wisconsin, dontcha know). Stop by to check out our award-winning selection, or order online for curbside. NEW! Check out our Wine Club — we pick 'em out, you pick 'em up each month to enjoy at home.
WINE CLUB @ BKC
We're happy to present the Wine Club @ BKC! We want to help you drink better, both here and at home — a Wine Club membership will include two bottles hand-selected by our experienced Story Hill BKC staff each month so you can do just that.
We’ll feature a variety of New World and Old World wines, hard-to-find wines, and wines from regions and producers that we think you’d like to get to know.
If you’re interested in participating, please complete this Wine Club Membership form — type on the form, download it and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org or to our shop at 5100 W. Blue Mound Rd. in Milwaukee, or ask to sign up the next time you’re in at the shop at Story Hill BKC.
Monthly subscription will range from $40 to $45 plus tax for the two hand-selected bottles and benefits. Or secure a 1-year subscription or gift for $480. Release day will be the first Thursday of each month, and we’ll send an email reminder as soon as you can come pick up your wine. Sign up now to get in on the next pickup!
Both bottles each month will be accompanied with tasting notes featuring pairing suggestions and/or recipe ideas, and the chefs of Story Hill BKC will have hand-selected food recommendations to pair with the wines. And if you really enjoy the wines, you’ll be able to reorder the wine at a discount.
GIFT WINE CLUB AS A GIFT!
& we'll email your giftee with their first release date.
WINE CLUB BENEFITS
- Tasting notes for each bottle selected with pairing suggestions and/or recipes.
- The Chefs of BKC will have hand selected food recommendations to pair with your wine of the month.
- Wine picked is only available for Wine Club members.
- Wine Club members will have the opportunity to re-order wine of set month at a discounted rate. (Orders must be submitted within 10 days of the monthly Release Day, while supplies last.)
- Earn rewards points with every month’s payment.
- Get a first look at releases, special tastings, and receive invites to exclusive events held at BKC.
- Receive 10% off and earn rewards points on case purchases.
- Allow up to two names per membership.
- Must be 21 or older to join the Wine Club.
- Authorizes Story Hill BKC to charge my credit card monthly within 72 hours of Release Day.
- Credit card changes must be made 1 week prior to Release Day.
- Valid ID is required for wine pickup.
- 2 names are allowed per 1 Wine Club membership.
- Rewards points will be earned with every Wine Club charge. No other discounts can be applied.
- We will have a “holding period” of 90 days for wine that isn’t picked up.
- New signups, cancelations, or credit card changes to Wine Club membership must be sent to email@example.com and received 2 weeks prior to Release Day.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Black Shoe Single Barrel Spirits
Black Shoe Hospitality team members including chefs, co-owners, our beverage director, and whiskey lovers taste-test for bourbons and other spirits that are excellent to enjoy neat and can stand up in cocktails. Ask your server or bartender about our available Single Barrel selections the next time you're in at Story Hill. Please note that these releases are often limited and availability is subject to popularity.
AWARD-WINNING WINE LIST
We craft our selection with value in mind. We're always here to help you find something you'll love, and so we're honored to be recognized for having one of the best wine lists in a restaurant — and wine shop — around. For to-go purchases from our full in-house wine list, please call 414-539-4424.
We have a short list of speedy selections for curbside online ordering alongside our weekday lunch, weekend brunch, and dinner menus.
—offering based on availability and subject to change—
BEST OF AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
After being recognized with a Wine Spectator Restaurant Award of Excellence in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, & 2019, we were awarded a "Best Of" distinction in 2020, 2021, 2022, & 2023. (That's the one with TWO wine glasses on the certificate). The awards judges recognize wine lists with interesting selections, appropriate to the restaurant's cuisine, and that appeal to a wide range of wine lovers. This is awarded to just 1,411 restaurants and only 8 in Wisconsin. Over the years, we've been highlighted as a "combination wine shop and restaurant offering a quaint and cozy hangout for shareable plates and memorable bottles.